DCO Energy, LLC is a proven leader in the development of Central Energy Centers, Combined Heat and Power facilities, Landfill Gas to Energy and Biomass projects. DCO Energy, LLC is looking for a qualified person to manage the safety for a new construction project for a wood fired renewable energy power plant in Albany, Georgia. The project duration is between 18-24 months. The Safety Manager will be responsible for the management, coordination and successful completion of the safety requirements for the project. The Safety Manager is expected to coordinate and manage the day-to-day activities related to meeting all the safety and health standards established by applicable regulations, as well as the company policy and procedures.
General Duties and Responsibilities of the position include, but it is not limited to:
- Provide guidance and advice on EHS management to Project Team
- Provide technical advice on all relevant EHS issues to team
- Promote and develop a positive Health and Safety Culture throughout the project
- Provide new hire orientation to all personnel working on the project
- Lead the investigation of accidents, incidents, and near misses. Determine causative factors and implement corrective action/s to prevent recurrence.
- Conduct regular compliance audits and safety inspections for the project and initiate corrective actions to eliminate hazards and promote a safe work environment.
- Ensure that sub-contractors meet and maintain compliance with DCO Energy EHS standards
- Prepare job and task hazard analyses and maintain safety log book
- Perform daily and weekly safety briefings
- Maintain OSHA record keeping and training for personnel on site
- 5+ years related safety work experience in the construction industry
- Working knowledge of Federal, State and local regulations with the construction industry required OSHA 1926
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to physically survey all jobsite operations, including the ability to climb ladders, walk over rough terrain, descend into excavations, etc..
- Ability to work weekends when jobsite operations warrant it
- Computer skills
- Bilingual skills a plus
- CSP, ASP, CHST a plus
- First Aid/CPR trained
- OSHA 500 trainer
- Competent Person in Excavations
- Permit Required Confined Space Training